UFO for Atari 2600 - By John A. Reder
Reder's UFO for Atari - (c) 2017 by John A. Reder, all rights reserved.
Part of the "ODtari" series! Recreating Odyssey 2 games in Atari's image!
Spacebar = shoot
Arrows = move ship and projectile when fired.
Note: Atari sprites really hate being on the same line with other
sprites since they are reusing each other's resources causing flicker.
The Atari 2600 really has only 2 sprites. The Magnavox Odyssey 2
actually has 4. Some artistic liberty was taken to get similar gameplay
and challenge while limiting the game to just 4K. This not meant to
be an exact replica.
* Score points by killing the Alien ships while protecting your
* Press [button] on Joystick to start, or restart when any game ends!
2600 Controls Within Game:
* Joystick = Move any direction.
* Joystick Button = fire laser
* You score 1 points for each alien destroyed!
* Your weapon is also your shield, when not actively firing, it quickly
circles your spaceship and serves as your protection! This is not solid
so you may be killed when hit from the right angle at the right time!
* You can use your shield to destroy enemies but it needs a moment to
recharge every time it is used and when you shoot. Beware enemies and
mines may get through so use it at angles where your spaceship will not
make contact with the item you are ramming.
* Once you have launched your weapon's projectile, you can steer it! Beware
that you are also steering your spaceship!
* Your red aiming dot rotates clockwise as you move and indicates which
direction your weapon will fire!
* The enemy Warrior is the one who flashes. It will launch magnetic
mines, that will track your spaceship and try to penetrate your shield to
kill you! It only puts one mine out at any time, and they are
destroyed if they hit any object that is not the Warrior itself!
* Note the excessive use or exclamation points!!! After all,
this is based on an Odyssey 2 game!!! :)